Here is the presentation on the WIWSA Apprenticeship Program that Bethel Hart gave at the Annual Meeting December 10, 2020Apprentice-fact-sheet
December 10, 2020 – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
|Call to order||Board and guest introductions|
Roll call of 2020 new members
|Quorum call||At least one-fifth of membership present|
|Approve Agenda||Members vote to approve the agenda|
|Secretary’s Report:||Randi Perry will present the Minutes for the September 2020 General Membership Meeting. Members vote to approve the Minutes.|
|Treasurer’s Report:||Bethel Hart will present the Treasurer’s Report. Members vote to approve the Treasurer’s Report.|
Bethel Hart will present an update on the apprenticeship/scholarship program
Bethel Hart will present the budget for 2021. Members vote to approve the budget.
|Election of Directors:||Members vote to appoint directors|
|Review of 2020:||A review of significant events and accomplishments in 2020.|
|Preview of 2021:||A brief overview of coming events in 2021|
Next member meeting March 4, 2020
|Floor open for general discussion|
If you would like to provide feedback on the Draft PFAS Chemical Action Plan (CAP) during a public comment meeting, please register for your preferred date and time:
Ecology staff will provide a brief overview of the CAP development process and then reserve most of the time to accept comments. Please note that we plan to record the public comments.
Reach out to Ecology’s Chemical Action Planner, Irina Makarow (email@example.com), if you have questions.
PFAS Chemical Action Plan team
On MONDAY, November 23, 2020 at 2:00 P.M., the Island County PLANNING
COMMISSION will hold an ONLINE MEETING.
The agenda will include:
- A PUBLIC HEARING to consider a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners regarding amendments to Chapters 17.03, 17.04A, and 17.06 of Island County Code addressing standards for Accessory Dwelling Units.
- A PUBLIC HEARING to consider a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners on the 2021 Island County Comprehensive Plan Docket.
Documents will be posted at:
Address comments to: Planning Commission at PO Box 5000, Coupeville, WA
98239 or PlanningCommission@islandcountywa.gov
Several of these code changes will impact water systems serving parcels that may qualify for ADUs. The board of WIWSA will be submitting comments and questions to both the Planning Commission and to the Island County staff who are handling the water issues.
If your water system has particular concerns or questions, please submit your comments directly or send them to mail (at) whidbeywatersystems (dot) org so that we can ask pass them along on your behalf.
We will address the issue briefly at our December quarterly meeting.
During these challenging times when we cannot meet in person, we plan to send a monthly newsletter to keep our members up to speed with water news. We’ll send this newsletter to our email list and post it on our website. We aim to provide an easy place to find all the month’s news and upcoming events.
News from Whidbey Island Water Systems Association
- Our September Quarterly members meeting was held via zoom. Guest speaker Jeff Tasoff of Davido Consulting Group gave a talk on Small Water System Asset Management, focusing on the equipment inventory part that many small systems find challenging. Jeff’s talk was a great preparation for our forthcoming RCAC Asset Management workshop
- Past president of WIWSA Jim Patton is stepping down from the board to focus on running his own water system. This leaves us with a vacancy on the board. Ideally we’d like to take this opportunity to boost the representation of Group B water systems in the association by having a Group B member system join the board. Please read the full announcement here.
- Our next Quarterly Member Meeting will be December 10th, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm via Zoom. Please save the date. We’ll post an agenda and send a reminder email closer to the meeting.
- RCAC is holding a free workshop on Asset Management Planning and Resources on November 10th. Save the date, and look for an email with details and a registration link in the next few days.
- AWWA-PNW is holding an online Emergency Preparedness Workshop in two sessions on October 28th and November 4th.
- AWWA is offering free training on Optimization & Accessing Funding to Improve Small Systems on November 30th and December 1st, following conveniently our Asset Management Training
Further details of these events are on our website
- The October edition of AWWA Opflow is available
- The AWWA Virtual Summit is now Online
- Circle of Blue has a great overview of the varying levels of drinking water regulations from national to local: Explainer: Who regulates U.S. drinking water, and how?
- Also in the theme of asset management and water system finance, WaterOperator.org‘s latest newsletter is devoted to Small Water System Financial Resiliency and includes some great links to usable tools.
- The WA Ecology/Health Draft PFAS Chemical Action Plan has been issued for comment
September 17, 2020 — 5:00 PM TO 7:00 PM
This meeting will be held via Zoom.
Note that the meeting invitation will be sent via our email list only. You must be a subscriber to receive the invitation email.
Click here to subscribe!
- Call to order & Quorum call: Guest introductions and explanation of Zoom meeting logistics
- Approve Agenda: Members vote to approve the Agenda (voting will be via the chat function in Zoom)
- Introduction of board
- Secretary’s Report:
- Randi Perry will present the Minutes for the June Membership Meeting. Vote to approve the Minutes.
- Treasurer’s Report: Bethel Hart will present the Treasurer’s Report. Vote to approve the Treasurer’s Report.
- Board vacancy
- DWSRF (Drinking Water State Revolving Fund) webinars coming up!
- Date and theme for next Quarterly Membership Meeting in December 2020.
- Theme of this meeting: Asset Management
- Introduction to Asset Management – John Lovie
- Asset Inventory Worksheet – Jeff Tasoff, Davido Consulting Group
- Preparation for DWSRF (Drinking Water State Revolving Fund) webinars
- Floor open for questions & answers and general discussion